Transportation to the Steamtown Marathon Starting Line
The Steamtown Marathon provides free bus transportation to the starting line (100 Susquehanna Street, Forest City, PA 18421-1355) on race morning. Approximately 80% of all entrants ride buses to the start. The rest get dropped off by a friend or family member. Here is what you need to know:
- Buses depart one block from the finish line from the intersection of Spruce Street at Wyoming Avenue beginning at 5:30 a.m. As soon as a bus is full it will be sent to Forest City. The last bus leaves at 6:45 a.m. sharp! You snooze, you lose.
- The bus ride will take approximately 45 minutes.
- You can park for free at any meter that does not have a No Parking sign on it. You can also park in pay-to-park garages on Adams Avenue between Lackawanna Avenue and Spruce Street (same block as Hilton Hotel) and in one located at the intersection of N. Washington Avenue and Linden Street (enter from Linden St.). All are automated garages. There will be no attendants on duty.
- You do not need a bib number to board a bus.
- You can ride a bus even if you did not indicate on your entry form that you intended to take a bus to the start.
- Non-runners should not board a bus. Non-runners who ride the bus to Forest City will be stranded there.
- Upon stepping off the bus at the starting line you will be greeted by students from Forest City High School. They will present you with a small memento and direct you the gymnasium where you can stretch and stay warm until race time.
- There will be at least 90 port-a-lavs located in parking lots just outside of the school. Port-a-lavs will be located in the front and back of the school.
- There will be baggage tents/collection stations at the starting line both inside and outside Forest City High School. Your belongings must be inside a clear bag. Your bib number will be written on the clear bag. All bags will then be taken by UPS to the baggage claim area near the finish line. Do not put money, jewelry, or breakable items in your bag. Show your bib number to claim your bag.
DO NOT drive to the starting line and leave your car there. The Steamtown Marathon is a point-to-point course. We WILL NOT provide transportation back to the starting line after the race.